Sleek, modern building designs are becoming increasingly popular with architects, builders, and homeowners alike. For residential and commercial buildings, sometimes a steel overhead door doesn’t have the right “look.” Entrematic offers a line of Aluminum Full View Amarr doors with multiple options, including recently expanded colors and panel offerings!
Amarr Vista VI1000 doors complement the windows on this modern home.
How do you know if an Aluminum Full View, or AFV, door is right for you? Here are some benefits of AFV doors that you may want to consider when weighing your options.
- Increased visibility. Entrematic’s Amarr Vista VI1000 is a great residential option for homes that want increased visibility from a garage door. Want to see outside, or be able to see in? Clear glass panels allow just that. For a bit more privacy, you can also get different glass types, like Obscure or Frost, which cut back on the visibility. Visibility can be important if you want your AFV door to open up to another room, or to the outside. Increased visibility can be a benefit for commercial applications as well. For example, a car dealership or service station with commercial Amarr 3502 or 3552 doors can easily see when a car is approaching the garage!
- Increased natural light. Bring the outdoors inside. AFV doors really let the sunlight in! Another benefit of natural light is natural, solar heat in your garage or room.
- Don’t worry about the cold. Amarr Vista VI1000 & Amarr 3552 have insulated glass options and insulated panels to ensure energy efficiency, while still having the increased natural light and visibility.
- Complement your home. Entrematic offers a variety of frame, panel and glass options to match your style. With an unlimited selection of powder coat aluminum colors, over 30 glass options and solid, perforated or louvered vent panels, you can select the look that’s just right for you.
The Amarr 3552, pictured here, is a popular option for restaurants that open to the outdoors.
How would you use an AFV door? Let us know in the comments below!
Posted in Amarr Product, Garage Door Fun, Uncategorized
Tagged Amarr, amarr garage doors, building products, commercial building products, commercial doors, Entrematic, exterior design, garage, garage doors, home design, home exterior, interior design
In December 2015, Entrematic introduced the NEW Amarr Rapid Install Vertical Lift for commercial sectional doors. The Amarr Rapid Install Vertical Lift is designed specifically for warehouse and dock doors (9’4”x10’ or smaller) in small and large commercial projects, using a simplified track and hardware configuration and Amarr commercial ribbed panel steel sections.
The Amarr Rapid Install Vertical Lift
How does the Rapid Install Vertical Lift benefit Amarr dealers, builders, and project managers alike?
- Fast, easy installation – an average of 20 minutes faster than standard Vertical Lift track. The Amarr Rapid Install System boasts a one-piece vertical lift track and simplified hardware that requires less assembly on the jobsite.
- Lower labor costs. One person can install a door with the Amarr Rapid Install System quickly and safely.
- Long-term performance ensured. The hardware used in the Amarr Rapid Install System has been tested for more than 10,000 cycles, giving you more peace of mind.
- Configurations and upgrades to meet the needs of any project. Amarr doors with the Rapid Install Vertical Lift are available with a variety of options, including Wind Load options, insulation, high cycle springs, 16-gauge end and center stiles, and standard window and panel insert options.
The Amarr Rapid Install System is available on 20-gauge Amarr 2002, 2012, 2022; 24-gauge Amarr 2402, 2412, 2422; and nominal 24-gauge Amarr 2502 and 2512 doors.
Take a look at our video below to see the Amarr Rapid Install System in action!
Our partners, Lawrence College and Career Center and The Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center (Peaslee Tech) in Lawrence, Kansas, prepare students for careers in technical fields and manufacturing fields, and help them hone other professional skills. Entrematic advises on curriculum and lean support in manufacturing programs. “It’s a benefit to have facilities close by to educate present and future Entrematic team members on skills that will make them successful,” said Greg Beck, Senior Production Manager at Entrematic’s Lawrence, Kansas manufacturing plant.
As part of this partnership, Amarr commercial doors were installed in the Career and Training Centers. Four Amarr 3502 Aluminum Full View doors in clear anodized finish and white are used to create open concept classrooms in the Lawrence College and Career Center, connecting all the classrooms to an open atrium area. The three Amarr 2402 sectional steel doors at Peaslee Tech provide easy access to move equipment and material in and out of classrooms.
Amarr commercial doors in the facilities pictured:
Amarr 3502 doors at the Lawrence College and Career Center
Amarr 3502 doors open into the atrium
Amarr 3502 doors create an open-concept space for classrooms
Amarr 2402 doors at Peaslee Tech
The open-back overhead doors are used when students need to move equipment or projects
Posted in Amarr Product, Community Outreach, Education, Partners
Tagged Amarr, amarr garage doors, commercial building products, commercial doors, Education, educational buildings, Entrematic, interior design, lawrence kansas, overhead doors
Did you know that garage door replacement ranks in the top 3 home improvement projects for a high return on investment? The 2016 Cost vs. Value Report from Remodeling magazine shows that both upscale and mid-range garage door replacement recoups more than 90% of the project cost when the home is sold. If you’re thinking of selling your home, or just want to increase its value, consider a new garage door.
Take a look at our infographic below for more details, and read the 2016 Cost vs. Value Report at costvsvalue.com!
This holiday season, Entrematic and our partner Aerotek teamed up with Meritrust Credit Union to give back to the community in Douglas County, Kansas. For every Entrematic Team Member that opened a membership account and a checking account at Meritrust Credit Union, MCU added $50 into the Team Member’s new checking account, and put another $50 into a charity account for Entrematic.
The initiative spanned three months and benefited Just Food, a food pantry in Douglas County. Entrematic Team Members raised $950 for Just Food! “This check will provide meals to 63 people this holiday season,” said Susan Moszeter, People Department Coordinator at Entrematic’s facility in Lawrence, Kansas. “Last month, Just Food fed 4,000 people in the community – it’s awesome that Entrematic and Aerotek can help with that!”
Entrematic and Aerotek present Just Food with the donation. From Left to Right: Deborah Kurtz, Meritrust Credit Union; Elizabeth Keever, Just Food; Brittany Wade, Aerotek; and Susan Moszeter, Entrematic.
Posted in Employees, Lawrence, Partners
Tagged aerotek, Amarr, amarr garage doors, charity, community outreach, employees, Entrematic, food pantry, garage doors, holiday, just food douglas county, meritrust credit union
Last month, our partners at LiftMaster visited the McAllen, TX Amarr Door Center to host a seminar on gate operators. “We had an awesome turn out,” says Monica Gonzalez, General Manager of the McAllen Amarr Door Center, adding that the Amarr dealers in attendance “were thrilled” with the seminar.
Below are photos from the event.
Thank you again to LiftMaster for this seminar!
Posted in Education, LiftMaster, Partners
Tagged Amarr, amarr door center, amarr garage doors, building products, Entrematic, garage doors, gate operators, liftmaster, liftmaster gate operators, seminar
Your garage door is more important than you thought. The industry experts at GarageWowNow.com created an infographic to help you brush up on your garage door knowledge and why you should consider upgrading the garage door on your home.
Some statistics to note are:
- The garage door now serves as the main access point to the home for over 70% of homeowners
- An upscale garage door can increase home value by 1-4%
- Garage doors can take up more than 30% of the front view of the house.
What statistics do you find the most interesting? Check out the infographic below and let us know in the comments section!
Posted in Education
Tagged Amarr, amarr garage doors, building products, Entrematic, exterior design, garage, garage doors, garagewownow, home design, home exterior, infographic, overhead doors